Thank You FWPMI Volunteers!
Click here to download the slide deck
with all the great activities the Fort Worth Chapter
of PMI participated in during 2021.
Thank you to all the great FWPMI Chapter
volunteersfor your commitment and dedication!
The FWPMI Chapter Needs You – It’s a Great Time to Volunteer!
Do you want to get to know a great group of people? Do you want to improve your network? Do you want to be able to list a PMI volunteer opportunity on your resume? Do you have some extra time on your hands? If you answered ‘yes’ to any or all of these questions, the FWPMI chapter has a volunteer opportunity for you… and you can earn PDUs for volunteering (typically 1 volunteer hour equals a PDU – up to a predetermined limit by PMI).
What does volunteering in the chapter mean for you? Volunteering for some may mean volunteering in a level 1 or 2 position, such as managing the chapter job board, volunteering on the Communications team (several positions are open including a Social Media team member and a Website team member) serving as a Marketing Manager, or even a SharePoint Administrator.
For others, volunteering may mean taking a more active role in the chapter (level 3) and becoming part of the Leadership team in one of the open Director roles, such as Director of Communications, Director of Volunteer Management, Director of Mentorship, Director of Member Services, or Director of Mentoring.
Still others may be looking for an opportunity to be a part of an outreach team (level 1 or 2), such as on the Registered Company Coordinator, Academic Outreach, Community Outreach, Military Outreach, or Young and Emerging Professionals teams. For information on any of these teams, check out the chapter website Get Involved tab on the chapter website: https://fwpmi.org/.
The FWPMI chapter has many open positions and you can find out more about these positions on the PMI VRMS (Volunteer Registration Management System) and/or apply: https://vrms.pmi.org/OpportunitySearch/OpportunitySearch (select the Fort Worth chapter). The positions are also listed below in the newsletter.
For more information on Volunteering and to learn more about the different volunteer levels mentioned above, check out the Volunteer page: https://fwpmi.org/volunteer Be sure to also listen to the chapter’s very first podcast, which is about volunteering in the chapter: https://www.spreaker.com/user/13122683/fwpmi-volunteers-pm-podcast-episode-1
This is a great time to get involved so be sure to check out the open positions and apply today!
We Appreciate Our Volunteers!
As part of PMI’s 50th Anniversary, the FWPMI chapter was able to do something extra special to show how much we appreciate our volunteers! On October 24th some of the chapter’s valuable volunteers attended a volunteer appreciation event with chapter Board members at the Main Event in Grapevine. These volunteers represented the Community Outreach, Military Outreach, Academic Outreach, RCC, Professional Development, Finance and Internal Relations teams.
Everyone had a great time bowling, playing laser tag, arcade games, eating, and getting to know each other better.
If you want more information about how you can volunteer with the chapter, go to the Volunteer Page on the FWPMI web page. You can also go directly to the VRMS to see available volunteer postings for the chapter: Click Here(enter your PMI credentials, click on “Find an Opportunity” and select the Fort Worth chapter). You can also contact email@example.com you have any questions about Volunteering with the chapter.
FWPMI is a professional organization driven by (volunteer) professionals. Volunteers like you help us grow and serve our profession and the community at large. This is your chance to give back to your profession while gaining valuable experience, knowledge and recognition. Whether you are interested in a little or a lot, we need you!
Why should you volunteer?
- Get more involved. Learn more about PMI and the chapter
- Make new friends and professional networking contacts
- Improve your project management and leadership skills
- Mentor someone and share your knowledge
- Make a difference within our community
- Help to improve or add events and resources for the chapter members
- It's an opportunity to give back to the profession
See where your gifts and talents may be used by contacting Fort Worth PMI at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Volunteer Management Model
The Fort Worth PMI chapter has developed a Volunteer Management Model. This model defines four levels of volunteers. As a volunteer grows, the next steps in the ladder have been defined.
There are benefits associated with each level and increase commensurate with your investment. These include discounts, leadership development and of course - resume enhancers!
Where should you start? Why not select a level one or level two opportunity first? Get to know some of the terrific volunteers and chapter members. Once you have completed your volunteer assignment or project, we'll be happy to work with you on your next opportunity!
Share your knowledge or expertise
- Presenters: We are always looking for high quality presenters for our lunch and dinner membership meeting events. If you have a topic relevant to project management that is educational, please let us know!
- Instructors: Every month we strive to provide educational workshops on a variety of project management related topics such as soft skills, technical skills and tools training. If you are a qualified instructor, we'd love to hear from you
- Next step: Send an email to our VP of Professional Development
Interested in working on a team?
- Registration management: help us onsite working the registration table. Choose events throughout the year that you'd be willing to staff the registration table at either lunch or dinner meetings.
- Event management: help us with planning and set up prior to a meeting or closing out the meeting. Possible assignments include creating the agenda, calling in meal guarantees, filing PDUs and administrative closeout.
- Membership team: would you like to help our new members learn about the chapter at an orientation? Staff a membership booth at a meeting? be part of the welcoming committee?
- Volunteer Management: we need more recruiters and help place volunteers in volunteer roles; onboarding specialists and manage the volunteer opportunities or help run the volunteer orientation webinars.
- Communications team: write articles for upcoming newsletters; update / add new website content; manage the communications calendar and prioritize new development for website.
Teams meet as needed to work on tasks. This may be once a month or several times/year. Send an email to the volunteer management team if you'd like to work on a team.