Happy Anniversary Fort Worth PMI!
Fort Worth PMI was chartered in 1992 and 2022 marked 30 years of service to the project management community! In celebration of this anniversary PMI created this special “30 YEARS” celebration logo for us.
Join us as we reach back into history to remember historical events and hear from some of our former Board Presidents.
Memories from former Board Presidents
-- Memory from Cindy Vandersleen, PMP - FWPMI Board President 2019-2020
One of my favorite early memories from my time on the board was the first time we won chapter of the year in 2011 for our chapter size class. I had the privilege of attending LIM that year and witnessing our chapter president walk up to the stage and receive the award. Then the following year (2012), in our 20th anniversary year, we received it again! It was almost unheard of for the same chapter to win 2 years in a row. We were able to celebrate the announcement with our membership during one of our monthly chapter meetings where we gave away gifts to each meeting attendee.
-- Memory from Michele Gagne, MBA, PMP - FWPMI Board President 2017-2018
- Staff at the Center for Transforming Lives and Boys and Girls Club
- Students at the Young Women's Leadership Academy and Girls Inc. of Tarrant County
- Gentlemen in the Prison Entrepreneurship Program and hosting one of PMI's founding members, Jim Snyder, in prison (picture --->)
-- Memory from Nikki Choice, PMP - FWPMI Board President 2001-2002 and 2013-2014
Historical events from 1992
- In August of 1992 the Mall of America opened in Bloomington, Minnesota. It had 330 stores and 10,000 employees. Think about the planning required for this massive project!
- Microsoft released Windows 3.1 in April 1992
- The Summer Olympic games were held in Barcelona, Spain
- Barney & Friends premiered on PBS on April 6, 1992
- The maiden voyage of the Space Shuttle Endeavour began when the spacecraft was successfully launched from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida on May 7th, 1992.